10 Cụm từ với TIME – phần 2
- Time and (time) again: rất thường xuyên
Ex: I’ve told you time and time again – look before you cross the road.
- Time after time: lần này đến lần khác
Ex: Time after time she gets involved in relationships with the wrong men.
- In no time: rất nhanh
Ex: The kids ate their dinner in no time.
- Free/spare time: thời gian rảnh
Ex: In my spare time, I enjoy reading, painting, and cooking
- Have time: có thời gian
Ex: I don’t have time to go to the shops today.
- For the time being: tạm thời
Ex: Leave the ironing for the time being – I’ll do it later.
- Stall for time: trì hoản, hoản lại (delay)
Ex: My son didn’t want to go to bed, so he tried to stall for time by asking me to read him another bedtime story.
- Pressed for time: không có nhiều thời gian (in a rush, in a hurry)
Ex: Sorry, I can’t talk at the moment – I’m a bit pressed for time. Can I call you back later?
- Spend time: dành thời gian làm gì
Ex: I spend a lot of time learning English
- Waste time: lãng phí thời gian
Ex: Stop wasting time playing computer games and get to work!