10 Cụm từ với TIME – phần 1
Take your time: cứ từ từ/cứ bình tĩnh
Ex: “I like all of these computers. I’m not sure which one I want to buy yet.” – “That’s OK – take your time.”
- On time: đúng giờ
Ex: It’s important to arrive on time for a job interview.
- Just in time: vừa kịp giờ/vừa kịp lúc
Ex: Hi, Henry! Have a seat – you got here just in time for dinner.
- It’s about time: đến lúc rồi (means “Finally!”)
Ex: It’s about time they fixed the air conditioner in my classroom! It’s been broken for 3 years!
- Run out of time: không có đủ thời gian để hoàn thành việc đang làm
Ex: I ran out of time and didn’t finish the last question.
- Be (all) out of time: không có đủ thời gian
Ex: I’d like to continue this discussion but we’re all out of time.
- Time’s up: đã hết thời gian
Ex: OK, everyone, time’s up for this week.
- Have/Take time off: ngừng làm việc để làm gì đó khác, có thời gian rảnh rỗi
Ex: I asked my boss if I could have some time off (from work) to go to the dentist.
- No time to lose: không có thời gian để lãng phí
Ex: Come on, there’s no time to lose, we have to get home before John finds out.
- From time to time: thỉnh thoảng
Ex: From time to time I still think of her.